Shanti Bhushan refuses to comment on CD controversy
Lucknow: Eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan
on Friday refused to comment on the CD controversy which has led
to a certain section demand his resignation from the joint
committee to draft the Lokpal Bill.
"I do not want to give any interview. I don`t want to
talk (on the issue)," Bhushan said when reporters asked him
for comments on the CD controversy.
The co-chairman of the joint drafting committee of the
Lokpal Bill arrived here to contest a case of Noida Power
Company at the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
The case was lodged in 2008.
He was present during the one-and-a-half hour hearing
by Justices Uma Nath Singh and Satish Chandra, who fixed May
12 as the next date for hearing.
The former law minister also went to meet members of
Awadh Bar Association on its request.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy