Shanti Bhushan refuses to comment on CD controversy
Lucknow: Eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan
on Friday refused to comment on the CD controversy which has led
to a certain section demand his resignation from the joint
committee to draft the Lokpal Bill.
"I do not want to give any interview. I don`t want to
talk (on the issue)," Bhushan said when reporters asked him
for comments on the CD controversy.
The co-chairman of the joint drafting committee of the
Lokpal Bill arrived here to contest a case of Noida Power
Company at the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
The case was lodged in 2008.
He was present during the one-and-a-half hour hearing
by Justices Uma Nath Singh and Satish Chandra, who fixed May
12 as the next date for hearing.
The former law minister also went to meet members of
Awadh Bar Association on its request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir