Shanti Bhushan refuses to comment on CD controversy
Lucknow: Eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan
on Friday refused to comment on the CD controversy which has led
to a certain section demand his resignation from the joint
committee to draft the Lokpal Bill.
"I do not want to give any interview. I don`t want to
talk (on the issue)," Bhushan said when reporters asked him
for comments on the CD controversy.
The co-chairman of the joint drafting committee of the
Lokpal Bill arrived here to contest a case of Noida Power
Company at the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
The case was lodged in 2008.
He was present during the one-and-a-half hour hearing
by Justices Uma Nath Singh and Satish Chandra, who fixed May
12 as the next date for hearing.
The former law minister also went to meet members of
Awadh Bar Association on its request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!