Shanti Bhushan refuses to comment on CD controversy
Lucknow: Eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan
on Friday refused to comment on the CD controversy which has led
to a certain section demand his resignation from the joint
committee to draft the Lokpal Bill.
"I do not want to give any interview. I don`t want to
talk (on the issue)," Bhushan said when reporters asked him
for comments on the CD controversy.
The co-chairman of the joint drafting committee of the
Lokpal Bill arrived here to contest a case of Noida Power
Company at the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
The case was lodged in 2008.
He was present during the one-and-a-half hour hearing
by Justices Uma Nath Singh and Satish Chandra, who fixed May
12 as the next date for hearing.
The former law minister also went to meet members of
Awadh Bar Association on its request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside