Shanti Bhushan refuses to comment on CD controversy
Lucknow: Eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan
on Friday refused to comment on the CD controversy which has led
to a certain section demand his resignation from the joint
committee to draft the Lokpal Bill.
"I do not want to give any interview. I don`t want to
talk (on the issue)," Bhushan said when reporters asked him
for comments on the CD controversy.
The co-chairman of the joint drafting committee of the
Lokpal Bill arrived here to contest a case of Noida Power
Company at the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court.
The case was lodged in 2008.
He was present during the one-and-a-half hour hearing
by Justices Uma Nath Singh and Satish Chandra, who fixed May
12 as the next date for hearing.
The former law minister also went to meet members of
Awadh Bar Association on its request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning