Shanti Bhushan seeks probe into circulation of `fabricated` CD
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Shanti
Bhushan on Friday approached Delhi Police seeking investigation
into circulation of a CD purportedly having his conversations
with political leaders Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh,
alleging they were fabricated.
Bhushan, who is the co-chairman of the joint drafting
committee on Lokpal Bill, alleged that a journalist approached
him for his comments for a news story on the CD which
purpotedly had his conversations with the leaders.
After he filed a complaint, Delhi Police spokesperson
Rajan Bhagat said investigators have filed a case under
section 469 of Indian Penal Code (forgery for the purpose of
"(The journalist) showed me one CD purportedly having
recorded conversation between me, Amar Singh and Mulayam Singh
Yadav over telephone. The said journalist told me that the
said CD has been delivered at (his) office anonymously.
"The said CD is clearly a fabricated CD as I have
never had any conversation with the afore-named persons. The
contents of the said conversation are defamatory in nature. It
appears that the said CD has been fabricated in order to
malign me," he said in the complaint.
Bhushan claimed that this was clearly an offence of
forgery under Section 469 of IPC which is a cognizable
"Further, it is apparent that several persons are
involved in this fabrication and therefore, it is a clear case
of conspiracy also under Section 120 B of IPC. This is a very
serious matter which needs to be investigated immediately,"
the former Law Minister said.
His son and known lawyer Prashant Bhushan said it
appeared to be an organised campaign against them in the
backdrop of their involvement with Jan Lokpal Bill.
Bhushan claimed that the CD was fabricated and a
forensic examination will prove it. "We have filed a complaint
with Delhi Police. They have registered a case," he said.
The junior Bhushan said his father had met Mulayam
Singh Yadav but denied meeting or talking to Amar Singh.
Amar Singh also denied the allegation and claimed the
CD was doctored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video