Shanti Bhushan seeks probe into circulation of `fabricated` CD
New Delhi: Former Law Minister Shanti
Bhushan on Friday approached Delhi Police seeking investigation
into circulation of a CD purportedly having his conversations
with political leaders Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh,
alleging they were fabricated.
Bhushan, who is the co-chairman of the joint drafting
committee on Lokpal Bill, alleged that a journalist approached
him for his comments for a news story on the CD which
purpotedly had his conversations with the leaders.
After he filed a complaint, Delhi Police spokesperson
Rajan Bhagat said investigators have filed a case under
section 469 of Indian Penal Code (forgery for the purpose of
"(The journalist) showed me one CD purportedly having
recorded conversation between me, Amar Singh and Mulayam Singh
Yadav over telephone. The said journalist told me that the
said CD has been delivered at (his) office anonymously.
"The said CD is clearly a fabricated CD as I have
never had any conversation with the afore-named persons. The
contents of the said conversation are defamatory in nature. It
appears that the said CD has been fabricated in order to
malign me," he said in the complaint.
Bhushan claimed that this was clearly an offence of
forgery under Section 469 of IPC which is a cognizable
"Further, it is apparent that several persons are
involved in this fabrication and therefore, it is a clear case
of conspiracy also under Section 120 B of IPC. This is a very
serious matter which needs to be investigated immediately,"
the former Law Minister said.
His son and known lawyer Prashant Bhushan said it
appeared to be an organised campaign against them in the
backdrop of their involvement with Jan Lokpal Bill.
Bhushan claimed that the CD was fabricated and a
forensic examination will prove it. "We have filed a complaint
with Delhi Police. They have registered a case," he said.
The junior Bhushan said his father had met Mulayam
Singh Yadav but denied meeting or talking to Amar Singh.
Amar Singh also denied the allegation and claimed the
CD was doctored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested