Sharad Pawar apologises for nephew Ajit Pawar`s remarks
New Delhi: NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Monday apologised for the controversial comments made by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar, terming them as "unwanted".
"I duly apologise on the behalf of Deputy CM of Maharashtra for the unwanted comment that he had made," the Union Agriculture Minister said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Ajit Pawar`s remarks at a rally near Pune over the weekend that "if there is no water in the dam...Should we urinate into it?" mocking farmers in drought-hit Maharashtra had kicked up a controversy.
The NCP leader had followed up this comment laced with crass humour with another remark poking fun at load-shedding in the state saying, "I have noticed that more children are being born since the lights go off at night. There is no other work left then."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi