Sharad Pawar bats for FDI in retail
New Delhi: Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday spoke out in favour of foreign equity in multi-brand retail and said the government`s decision will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders.
"FDI in multi-brand retail will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders," Pawar said during a conference on winter crop strategy here.
He also said there was enough food grain and sugar in the country to meet demand and tackle price rise.
Pawar said he will talk to Food Minister KV Thomas regarding prices, which have been a matter of concern for the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday