Sharad Pawar bats for FDI in retail
New Delhi: Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday spoke out in favour of foreign equity in multi-brand retail and said the government`s decision will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders.
"FDI in multi-brand retail will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders," Pawar said during a conference on winter crop strategy here.
He also said there was enough food grain and sugar in the country to meet demand and tackle price rise.
Pawar said he will talk to Food Minister KV Thomas regarding prices, which have been a matter of concern for the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA