Sharad Pawar bats for FDI in retail
New Delhi: Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday spoke out in favour of foreign equity in multi-brand retail and said the government`s decision will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders.
"FDI in multi-brand retail will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders," Pawar said during a conference on winter crop strategy here.
He also said there was enough food grain and sugar in the country to meet demand and tackle price rise.
Pawar said he will talk to Food Minister KV Thomas regarding prices, which have been a matter of concern for the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh