Sharad Pawar bats for FDI in retail
New Delhi: Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday spoke out in favour of foreign equity in multi-brand retail and said the government`s decision will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders.
"FDI in multi-brand retail will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders," Pawar said during a conference on winter crop strategy here.
He also said there was enough food grain and sugar in the country to meet demand and tackle price rise.
Pawar said he will talk to Food Minister KV Thomas regarding prices, which have been a matter of concern for the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information