Sharad Pawar bats for FDI in retail
New Delhi: Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday spoke out in favour of foreign equity in multi-brand retail and said the government`s decision will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders.
"FDI in multi-brand retail will reduce post-harvest losses, help farmers and consumers and will not harm traders," Pawar said during a conference on winter crop strategy here.
He also said there was enough food grain and sugar in the country to meet demand and tackle price rise.
Pawar said he will talk to Food Minister KV Thomas regarding prices, which have been a matter of concern for the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered