Sharad Pawar defends Nitin Gadkari
Pune: Without naming him, NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday defended BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who is facing allegations that Maharashtra government favoured him in allotting lands.
"Currently a big controversy has erupted regarding a BJP leader and it concerns me too. As the BJP leader has set up an industrial venture, a question is being asked whether he is an industrialist or a politician.
"Should someone who uses his knowledge and capability to bring about a change in people`s lives be deprecated?" asked Pawar, speaking at a function here.
Those who work to transform people`s lives for the better should be encouraged and not condemned, the Union Minister said, adding that unjustified criticism did not merit attention.
India Against Corruption leader Arvind Kejriwal had alleged two days ago that Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra gave away the lands, acquired from farmers, to Gadkari, who has many business ventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened