Sharad Pawar defends Nitin Gadkari
Pune: Without naming him, NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday defended BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who is facing allegations that Maharashtra government favoured him in allotting lands.
"Currently a big controversy has erupted regarding a BJP leader and it concerns me too. As the BJP leader has set up an industrial venture, a question is being asked whether he is an industrialist or a politician.
"Should someone who uses his knowledge and capability to bring about a change in people`s lives be deprecated?" asked Pawar, speaking at a function here.
Those who work to transform people`s lives for the better should be encouraged and not condemned, the Union Minister said, adding that unjustified criticism did not merit attention.
India Against Corruption leader Arvind Kejriwal had alleged two days ago that Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra gave away the lands, acquired from farmers, to Gadkari, who has many business ventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love