Sharad Pawar defends Nitin Gadkari
Pune: Without naming him, NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday defended BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who is facing allegations that Maharashtra government favoured him in allotting lands.
"Currently a big controversy has erupted regarding a BJP leader and it concerns me too. As the BJP leader has set up an industrial venture, a question is being asked whether he is an industrialist or a politician.
"Should someone who uses his knowledge and capability to bring about a change in people`s lives be deprecated?" asked Pawar, speaking at a function here.
Those who work to transform people`s lives for the better should be encouraged and not condemned, the Union Minister said, adding that unjustified criticism did not merit attention.
India Against Corruption leader Arvind Kejriwal had alleged two days ago that Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra gave away the lands, acquired from farmers, to Gadkari, who has many business ventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba