Sharad Pawar defends Nitin Gadkari
Pune: Without naming him, NCP president Sharad Pawar on Friday defended BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who is facing allegations that Maharashtra government favoured him in allotting lands.
"Currently a big controversy has erupted regarding a BJP leader and it concerns me too. As the BJP leader has set up an industrial venture, a question is being asked whether he is an industrialist or a politician.
"Should someone who uses his knowledge and capability to bring about a change in people`s lives be deprecated?" asked Pawar, speaking at a function here.
Those who work to transform people`s lives for the better should be encouraged and not condemned, the Union Minister said, adding that unjustified criticism did not merit attention.
India Against Corruption leader Arvind Kejriwal had alleged two days ago that Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra gave away the lands, acquired from farmers, to Gadkari, who has many business ventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni a step closer to main draw
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs