Sharad Pawar faints in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Tuesday afternoon lost consciousness and fell on ground while he was attending the proceedings inside the Lok Sabha on the second day of the Budget Session.
According to reports, the NCP chief, who is reportedly unwell, was seen sitting quietly for almost an hour during the Question Hour. Just after the conclusion of the Question Hour, Pawar rose to move out of the Lok Sabha, but lost consciousness and fell on ground.
However, he was helped by other Members of Parliament and was quickly taken out of the House, where he was examined by the medical staff of the Parliament.
Pawar, 71, was taken away in an official car from the Parliament premises accompanied by his daughter and Baramati MP Supriya Sule and Union Minister Praful Patel.
An ambulance was waiting for Pawar but he chose to leave Parliament in an official car.
"Pawar complained of dizziness," Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy said.
There were reports that the NCP chief fainted in the lobby of the Lok Sabha but this were not immediately confirmed.
Pawar had answered a number of supplementaries on questions related to agriculture during the Question Hour in the Lok Sabha.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price