Sharad Pawar, NCP leaders meet Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leaders led by party chief Sharad Pawar on Monday met Pranab Mukherjee, a day after he was elected as India`s 13th President.
Pawar, along with party members Praful Patel and Tariq Anwar, met Mukherjee at his 13 Talkatora residence in the capital Monday morning.
"It was a courtesy call to congratulate him (Mukherjee) on his win in the presidential election," said a NCP leader.
The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) ally has been unhappy with some aspects of functioning of the government.
The NCP has threatened to pull out of government and provide it only outside support. The party is meeting later Monday to discuss further course of action.
According to NCP sources, Pawar is unhappy over not been accorded the number two slot in the cabinet after Pranab Mukherjee`s exit from the cabinet.
They said he was also upset over reports that Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, his one-time protege, may be the new Leader of House in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH