Sharad Pawar, NCP leaders meet Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leaders led by party chief Sharad Pawar on Monday met Pranab Mukherjee, a day after he was elected as India`s 13th President.
Pawar, along with party members Praful Patel and Tariq Anwar, met Mukherjee at his 13 Talkatora residence in the capital Monday morning.
"It was a courtesy call to congratulate him (Mukherjee) on his win in the presidential election," said a NCP leader.
The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) ally has been unhappy with some aspects of functioning of the government.
The NCP has threatened to pull out of government and provide it only outside support. The party is meeting later Monday to discuss further course of action.
According to NCP sources, Pawar is unhappy over not been accorded the number two slot in the cabinet after Pranab Mukherjee`s exit from the cabinet.
They said he was also upset over reports that Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, his one-time protege, may be the new Leader of House in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon