Sharad Pawar, NCP leaders meet Pranab Mukherjee
New Delhi: Senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leaders led by party chief Sharad Pawar on Monday met Pranab Mukherjee, a day after he was elected as India`s 13th President.
Pawar, along with party members Praful Patel and Tariq Anwar, met Mukherjee at his 13 Talkatora residence in the capital Monday morning.
"It was a courtesy call to congratulate him (Mukherjee) on his win in the presidential election," said a NCP leader.
The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) ally has been unhappy with some aspects of functioning of the government.
The NCP has threatened to pull out of government and provide it only outside support. The party is meeting later Monday to discuss further course of action.
According to NCP sources, Pawar is unhappy over not been accorded the number two slot in the cabinet after Pranab Mukherjee`s exit from the cabinet.
They said he was also upset over reports that Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, his one-time protege, may be the new Leader of House in the Lok Sabha.
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court adjourns matter till May 5
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase