Sharad Pawar rules out formation of Third Front for LS polls
Nagpur: Union Minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar on Sunday ruled out the formation of a Third Front for the Lok Sabha elections in 2014.
"There is no possibility of a Third Front as talked about by Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh," Pawar, who is the Union minister for Agriculture, told reporters at Wardha near here.
When asked about his recent meeting with Mulayam Singh, Pawar said that not much importance should be given to such meetings.
"We keep on meeting leaders of various political parties and my meeting (with Mulayam) should not be linked with the much talked about Third Front," he clarified.
Mulayam Singh had recently talked about formation of such a front.
"A Third Front will emerge. Fronts emerge as per the situation in the country. After 2014, the Prime Minister will be from the Third Front," he had said.
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs
- Good health is the name of the game for Virat Kohli – Check out his fitness mantra!
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- WATCH: How Harbhajan Singh, Hardik Pandya put birthday cake all over Rohit Sharma's face