Sharad Pawar rules out formation of Third Front for LS polls
Nagpur: Union Minister and NCP president Sharad Pawar on Sunday ruled out the formation of a Third Front for the Lok Sabha elections in 2014.
"There is no possibility of a Third Front as talked about by Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh," Pawar, who is the Union minister for Agriculture, told reporters at Wardha near here.
When asked about his recent meeting with Mulayam Singh, Pawar said that not much importance should be given to such meetings.
"We keep on meeting leaders of various political parties and my meeting (with Mulayam) should not be linked with the much talked about Third Front," he clarified.
Mulayam Singh had recently talked about formation of such a front.
"A Third Front will emerge. Fronts emerge as per the situation in the country. After 2014, the Prime Minister will be from the Third Front," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use