Sharad Pawar takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
New Delhi: After 47 years in electoral politics, Union Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday became a member of the Rajya Sabha for the first time.
Pawar took oath as a member of the Upper House along with 13 others including Congress veteran Motilal Vora.
Besides Pawar, two others from Maharashtra - Murli Deora of Congress and Majeed Memon of NCP - also took oath as Rajya Sabha MPs.
Four members from Tamil Nadu elected to Rajya Sabha and two each from Assam and Chattisgarh also became Elders after taking oath.
Four AIADMK members S Muthukaruppan, Sasikala Pushpa, K Selvaraj and Vijila Sathyanath became MPs of the Upper House after taking oath.
Biswajit Daimary of Bodoland People`s Front and Congress leader Bhubaneswar Kalita from Assam were joined by Raman Pratap Singh Judev of BJP and Vora from Chhattisgarh to become Rajya Sabha MP.
BJP members Ram Narain Dudi from Rajasthan and Satyanarayan Jatiya from Madhya Pradesh along with Congress member Haji Abdul Salam from Manipur took oath as MPs of the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video