Sharad Pawar takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
New Delhi: After 47 years in electoral politics, Union Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday became a member of the Rajya Sabha for the first time.
Pawar took oath as a member of the Upper House along with 13 others including Congress veteran Motilal Vora.
Besides Pawar, two others from Maharashtra - Murli Deora of Congress and Majeed Memon of NCP - also took oath as Rajya Sabha MPs.
Four members from Tamil Nadu elected to Rajya Sabha and two each from Assam and Chattisgarh also became Elders after taking oath.
Four AIADMK members S Muthukaruppan, Sasikala Pushpa, K Selvaraj and Vijila Sathyanath became MPs of the Upper House after taking oath.
Biswajit Daimary of Bodoland People`s Front and Congress leader Bhubaneswar Kalita from Assam were joined by Raman Pratap Singh Judev of BJP and Vora from Chhattisgarh to become Rajya Sabha MP.
BJP members Ram Narain Dudi from Rajasthan and Satyanarayan Jatiya from Madhya Pradesh along with Congress member Haji Abdul Salam from Manipur took oath as MPs of the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men