Sharad Pawar takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
New Delhi: After 47 years in electoral politics, Union Minister Sharad Pawar on Monday became a member of the Rajya Sabha for the first time.
Pawar took oath as a member of the Upper House along with 13 others including Congress veteran Motilal Vora.
Besides Pawar, two others from Maharashtra - Murli Deora of Congress and Majeed Memon of NCP - also took oath as Rajya Sabha MPs.
Four members from Tamil Nadu elected to Rajya Sabha and two each from Assam and Chattisgarh also became Elders after taking oath.
Four AIADMK members S Muthukaruppan, Sasikala Pushpa, K Selvaraj and Vijila Sathyanath became MPs of the Upper House after taking oath.
Biswajit Daimary of Bodoland People`s Front and Congress leader Bhubaneswar Kalita from Assam were joined by Raman Pratap Singh Judev of BJP and Vora from Chhattisgarh to become Rajya Sabha MP.
BJP members Ram Narain Dudi from Rajasthan and Satyanarayan Jatiya from Madhya Pradesh along with Congress member Haji Abdul Salam from Manipur took oath as MPs of the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'