`Sharad Pawar will be ready to become PM`
New Delhi: NCP chief Sharad Pawar will be certainly ready to become the Prime Minister if there is situation where there is a consensus on the issue, his party leader and Union Minister Praful Patel has said.
"And this gossip of merger with Congress, which happens many times, that is never possible," Patel said in an interview.
"If there is a situation where there is consensus on the issue, then why not Prabhuji, Sharad Pawarji will be certainly ready (to become Prime Minister)," he said, adding, "But I think to talk like this now is basically wrong."
Noting that Pawar will remain the president of NCP and that the reins of the party will be with him even if he did not contest elections, Patel said Pawar will be NCP`s candidate for the post of Prime Minister.
Asked if he was willing to work under Rahul Gandhi if UPA is in majority after the General Elections, Patel said, "Certainly”.
To a question that he and Pawar would both be willing to work under Rahul, the minister for heavy industries, said, "Who will take decisions (speaking of Congress-led UPA) is not the issue.”
"The government runs on the basis of the largest party, Congress is the largest party in UPA and it does not seem that in future they won`t be the largest party," Patel said.
He also said there is a similarity between NDA and UPA as far as foreign policy, economic policy are concerned. "This does not mean we are comparing NDA and UPA," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor