`Sharad Pawar will be ready to become PM`
New Delhi: NCP chief Sharad Pawar will be certainly ready to become the Prime Minister if there is situation where there is a consensus on the issue, his party leader and Union Minister Praful Patel has said.
"And this gossip of merger with Congress, which happens many times, that is never possible," Patel said in an interview.
"If there is a situation where there is consensus on the issue, then why not Prabhuji, Sharad Pawarji will be certainly ready (to become Prime Minister)," he said, adding, "But I think to talk like this now is basically wrong."
Noting that Pawar will remain the president of NCP and that the reins of the party will be with him even if he did not contest elections, Patel said Pawar will be NCP`s candidate for the post of Prime Minister.
Asked if he was willing to work under Rahul Gandhi if UPA is in majority after the General Elections, Patel said, "Certainly”.
To a question that he and Pawar would both be willing to work under Rahul, the minister for heavy industries, said, "Who will take decisions (speaking of Congress-led UPA) is not the issue.”
"The government runs on the basis of the largest party, Congress is the largest party in UPA and it does not seem that in future they won`t be the largest party," Patel said.
He also said there is a similarity between NDA and UPA as far as foreign policy, economic policy are concerned. "This does not mean we are comparing NDA and UPA," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post