Sharad Pawar will leave UPA for NDA: Shiv Sena
New Delhi/Mumbai: Senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi on Tuesday added fuel to the fire in the ongoing tussle between the NCP and the Congress by claiming that Sharad Pawar may quit the UPA and join the opposition NDA alliance.
Joshi said, “Sharad Pawar will come along with NDA someday. The NDA should be expanded; efforts should be made in this direction.”
Joshi’s comments gains importance as it comes at a time when there has been noticeable friction in the NCP-Congress relationship. The reasons are said to be many: UPA not giving number two slot in the cabinet to Pawar, Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan going after NCP ministers etc.
Yesterday, Pawar had even skipped the luncheon hosted by Sonia Gandhi for UPA allies and other supporting parties.
Expectedly, NCP has rubbished Joshi’s claims. The party said, “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet