Sharad Pawar will leave UPA for NDA: Shiv Sena
New Delhi/Mumbai: Senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi on Tuesday added fuel to the fire in the ongoing tussle between the NCP and the Congress by claiming that Sharad Pawar may quit the UPA and join the opposition NDA alliance.
Joshi said, “Sharad Pawar will come along with NDA someday. The NDA should be expanded; efforts should be made in this direction.”
Joshi’s comments gains importance as it comes at a time when there has been noticeable friction in the NCP-Congress relationship. The reasons are said to be many: UPA not giving number two slot in the cabinet to Pawar, Maharashtra CM Prithviraj Chavan going after NCP ministers etc.
Yesterday, Pawar had even skipped the luncheon hosted by Sonia Gandhi for UPA allies and other supporting parties.
Expectedly, NCP has rubbished Joshi’s claims. The party said, “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says