Sharad Pawar`s assailant gets bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday granted bail
to local transporter Arvinder Singh, arrested last month for
slapping Union Minister Sharad Pawar at a public function, but
firmly disapproved of his violent ways of protest in the land
of Mahatama Gandhi and Gautam Buddha.
"Violence in any form at any place irrespective of the
grievance of an individual, is to be neither preached nor
approved. The applicant (Singh) may have his own ways to
express his anger," said District Judge (DJ) H S Sharma, while
granting bail to Singh.
"However, at the same time, he is to shun violence. Ours
is a land of Gautam and Gandhi where non-violence has always
been preached and followed," the judge added.
The court enlarged Singh on bail on a personal bond of Rs
10,000 with one surety of the same amount and directed him to
incorporate an undertaking while executing the bail bond that
he will not indulge in violence in future.
To Singh`s plea that he was suffering from mental
disorder and should be enlarged on bail, the judge said it
might be his "defence strategy" but held that no useful
purpose would be served by keeping him in custody.
"This court does not have any material to hold, at this
stage, that the applicant (Singh) is suffering from any mental
disorder. It may be a defence strategy of the applicant.
"However, at this stage, it cannot be appreciated
particularly when the prosecution, after the arrest of the
applicant, had made a request to send him to judicial custody
No useful purpose will be served by keeping him in jail,"
the judge said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off