Sharad Yadav attacks Govt, UPSC over exam issue
New Delhi: JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Sunday accused the UPSC of trying to "snip" the mother tongues of various regions by adopting an exam format which allegedly makes it difficult for Indian language speaking aspirants to enter civil services.
Addressing a press conference on the issue, Yadav said he would raise the issue in Parliament and accused the central government of not taking any action over the "insult" of Indian languages including Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
"The way the future of Indian language students is being destroyed by the UPSC, it is like snipping our mother tongues. The UPSC is ensuring that the number of Indian language speaking students in the exam is coming down by each passing year," he said.
Yadav said Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Rajnath Singh have said they will communicate with the world in Hindi but "nothing is being done to protect the interests of these Indian language speaking students. You seek votes in Indian languages but don`t do anything for it."
He alleged that the mindset of the UPSC members was that speaking English was necessary for running the country and "without English, there is no future of the country".
Replying to a query on black money, Yadav said countries such as the US and the UK can bring back their money "but it seems under the present circumstances, it would not be possible for this government."
Asked whether the JD(U) and RJD alliance would continue in future, he said both the parties will join hands as they did in the recent Rajya Sabha elections.
"The two parties have come together and now we will unite the people in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- READ: ABSOLUTE GOLD! Irfan Pathan's brilliant response to a troll who tried to humiliate him
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117