Sharad Yadav better than Modi as PM: Govindacharya
Lucknow: Former thinktank of the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) idealogue K.N. Govindacharya Tuesday said NDA convenor Sharad Yadav was better than Narendra Modi for the post of prime minister.
Though there are many aspirants, both in the UPA and National Democratic Alliance (NDA), Janata Dal-United president Yadav would be a good option for the top post, Govindacharya said.
He said Yadav was better as he has held senior ministerial positions in the union government and was the "most experienced".
Govindacharya, 69, supported Yadav`s recent statement in which he had said that the issue would be settled within the NDA after the Lok Sabha polls in 2014.
"Continuous speculations and aspirations by leaders is demeaning the office of the prime minister," Govindacharya told reporters at the Lucknow press club.
On being asked why did he not consider Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a suitable candidate for the top post, he said the Sanjay Joshi episode had shown that Modi lacked tolerance and was personal in political matters.
Blaming the failure of anti-graft campaigns on the lack of leadership, Govindacharya said Arvind Kejriwal`s campaign appeared to be a JD-U campaign, while that of yoga guru Baba Ramdev had morphed into a new face of the BJP.
Govindacharya also announced a sit-in in New Delhi Oct 1 to demand more and direct funds to the panchayat level and strengthening them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!