Sharad Yadav better than Modi as PM: Govindacharya
Lucknow: Former thinktank of the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) idealogue K.N. Govindacharya Tuesday said NDA convenor Sharad Yadav was better than Narendra Modi for the post of prime minister.
Though there are many aspirants, both in the UPA and National Democratic Alliance (NDA), Janata Dal-United president Yadav would be a good option for the top post, Govindacharya said.
He said Yadav was better as he has held senior ministerial positions in the union government and was the "most experienced".
Govindacharya, 69, supported Yadav`s recent statement in which he had said that the issue would be settled within the NDA after the Lok Sabha polls in 2014.
"Continuous speculations and aspirations by leaders is demeaning the office of the prime minister," Govindacharya told reporters at the Lucknow press club.
On being asked why did he not consider Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a suitable candidate for the top post, he said the Sanjay Joshi episode had shown that Modi lacked tolerance and was personal in political matters.
Blaming the failure of anti-graft campaigns on the lack of leadership, Govindacharya said Arvind Kejriwal`s campaign appeared to be a JD-U campaign, while that of yoga guru Baba Ramdev had morphed into a new face of the BJP.
Govindacharya also announced a sit-in in New Delhi Oct 1 to demand more and direct funds to the panchayat level and strengthening them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof