Sharad Yadav flays Digvijay for attacking CAG
New Delhi: Janata Dal(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Friday hit out at Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh for attacking CAG and asked all political parties to refrain from openly criticising constitutional bodies.
"This kind of controversy never took place on the report given by CAG. It is wrong to criticise CAG openly and in this manner. The remarks by Congress General Secretary (Digvijay Singh) are even worse," Yadav told reporters here.
He said the deadlock in Parliament over CAG`s report on coal allocation will "end sooner or later" and "members of Parliament and Ministers have the right to talk in Parliament but they are speaking outside the House, which is wrong."
Asked when the deadlock will end, Yadav said "I don`t know when Parliament will start functioning. It is NDA`s decision. If there is no consensus, the deadlock will continue. I can`t even say whether there will be a middle path. I just want to say that this stalemate will not continue forever."
Appealing the political leaders to restrict their comments within the two Houses of Parliament, Yadav said "we politicians are not Chartered Accountants. But the way some of my friends are criticising CAG, it gives me an impression that they all are experts in economic matters. They are trying to denigrate the institution."
Terming the constitutional bodies such as CAG, CVC, Election Commission, judiciary and Parliament as guardians of the nation, he said the "responsibility of CAG is to play the role of a watchdog and to provide Parliament an indepedent assessment of the way in which government has used its funds."
Replying to a question over people heading these constitutional bodies joining political parties on retirement, he said "this should not be allowed. Those heading constitutional bodies should remain outside politics. They should not be politically inclined."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH