Sharad Yadav retracts statement on possibility of JD(U) returning to BJP
New Delhi: JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said it was wrong to say that return to the alliance could be considered if LK Advani got back at the helm of BJP as there were "a number of issues" on which the two parties could not get along.
"This is wrong. We did not part ways from NDA only because of the sole reason concerning Advani. There were a number of issues on which we were finding it difficult to get along with each other," Yadav told PTI here.
Asked whether he is ruling out joining hands with the BJP even after the Lok Sabha polls even if Advani is back at the helm of affairs, Yadav said his party has just parted ways from BJP and is focussed on strengthening the organisation.
"We have separated just now. So we are not thinking on these issues right now. There are a number of issues that have led to the parting of ways and not any one reason," said the JD(U) chief, whose party dumped BJP on Sunday bringing to an end the 17-year old alliance.
Yadav had yesterday said in Patna: "Advani aye to dekha jayega (we will see if Advani returns at the helm of affairs) ...We had fought 2009 elections projecting Advani as our Prime Ministerial candidate."
To a question about Congress warming up to his party with its leaders including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh calling JD(U) and Nitish Kumar secular, Yadav said even Left parties have accepted that JD(U) is a secular party.
"They (Congress) are not the only one, who are saying it. Even the Left have said this," he said.
On whether he is ruling out any alliance with Congress in future, Yadav said, "We have not thought of any way forward on this (alliance issue) right now. Right now ours and theirs (Congress) paths are separate."
To a question as to what options were there before JD(U) other than Congress after walking out of the NDA fold, Yadav said, "The world is not without options. Every party has options."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security