Sharad Yadav to arrive in Patna tomorrow to decide fate of NDA
Patna: JD(U)`s formal split with the NDA seems imminent as its president Sharad Yadav arrives here on Saturday for a crucial meeting with party legislators to discuss the issue, amidst reports that BJP MLAs are being poached by the party to cobble up a majority.
"Sharad Yadav ji is coming to Patna tomorrow morning," Bihar JD(U) president Bashist Narayan Singh said. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would also be back here tonight from his Katihar "Sewa Yatra".
The Bihar JD(U) chief said that the timing and venue of the `discussion` over the situation arising from Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s appointment as the chairman of the BJP`s campaign committee chief for 2014 Lok Sabha polls would be decided later.
Unconfirmed reports have surfaced here that Nitish Kumar`s party are making efforts to wean away a section of BJP MLAs to get the required numbers for continuation of the government minus the BJP.
The reports were dismissed by both JD(U) and BJP leaders as mere "kite flying".
"We require support of just four MLAs for running the government minus BJP. So why will we do all these things (poaching BJP legislators)," state JD(U) spokesman Rajiv Ranjan said.
State NDA convenor and senior BJP minister Nand Kishore Yadav said, "It is absolutely not possible."
"Is it possible to ferret away such a large number of MLAs from BJP to escape anti-defection law?" Yadav wondered.
BJP has 91 members in the current 243-member Assembly.
BJP leaders would be meeting at the residence of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi at 3 pm today to review the political situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars