‘Sharp fall in child sex ratio in many states’
New Delhi: Voicing concern, Union minister
Krishna Tirath on Tuesday said child sex ratio has seen sharp fall
in many states cutting across the rural-urban divide.
"A disturbing fact is that in the last decade, as many as
27 States and Union Territories have experienced a fall in the
child sex ratio," the Women and Child Development Minister
She said sharp falls have been reported in child sex
ratios in many states reflecting a national trend that cuts
across class and the rural-urban divide.
Speaking on the occasion of National Girl Child Day, she
stressed on the political commitment of the highest order to
fight the trend.
Tirath highlighted the flagship programmes of the
government relating to survival, development and protection of
children, in general and for the girl child in particular like
Integrated Child Development Scheme and SABLA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list