‘Sharp fall in child sex ratio in many states’
New Delhi: Voicing concern, Union minister
Krishna Tirath on Tuesday said child sex ratio has seen sharp fall
in many states cutting across the rural-urban divide.
"A disturbing fact is that in the last decade, as many as
27 States and Union Territories have experienced a fall in the
child sex ratio," the Women and Child Development Minister
She said sharp falls have been reported in child sex
ratios in many states reflecting a national trend that cuts
across class and the rural-urban divide.
Speaking on the occasion of National Girl Child Day, she
stressed on the political commitment of the highest order to
fight the trend.
Tirath highlighted the flagship programmes of the
government relating to survival, development and protection of
children, in general and for the girl child in particular like
Integrated Child Development Scheme and SABLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him