‘Sharp fall in child sex ratio in many states’
New Delhi: Voicing concern, Union minister
Krishna Tirath on Tuesday said child sex ratio has seen sharp fall
in many states cutting across the rural-urban divide.
"A disturbing fact is that in the last decade, as many as
27 States and Union Territories have experienced a fall in the
child sex ratio," the Women and Child Development Minister
She said sharp falls have been reported in child sex
ratios in many states reflecting a national trend that cuts
across class and the rural-urban divide.
Speaking on the occasion of National Girl Child Day, she
stressed on the political commitment of the highest order to
fight the trend.
Tirath highlighted the flagship programmes of the
government relating to survival, development and protection of
children, in general and for the girl child in particular like
Integrated Child Development Scheme and SABLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview