Sharpshooter linked to Shahabudin arrested
New Delhi: An alleged sharpshooter of jailed
former MP Mohammed Shahabudin was arrested here, police said
Aftab, who is allegedly involved in at least 20 cases of
robbery and murder, was apprehended on a tip off yesterday, a
senior police officer said.
A firearm was recovered from him.
"Aftab was linked with Shahabudin and was one of his
sharpshooters," a senior police officer said.
He was earlier arrested in 1998.
Shahabudin is currently serving a life sentence for
kidnapping with intent to murder. Because of this conviction,
he was not permitted to contest the 2009 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon