Shashi Tharoor a ‘Love Guru’: Naqvi
New Delhi: The war of words that erupted after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s alleged sexist remarks against Shashi Tharoor’s wife escalated on Wednesday after BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi termed Tharoor has a ‘love guru’.
The BJP vice president said, “For an international love guru like him, a ministry of love affairs must be created.”
Naqvi was referring to Tharoor’s tweet, yesterday, in which he had slammed Narendra Modi. The new MoS HRD Tharoor had said: "My wife is priceless, beyond any imaginary 50 crores but you have to be able to love someone to understand that and we`ll have to see if he is capable of understanding that."
Speaking in Shimla on Monday, Modi had taken potshots at Tharoor`s personal life, saying his wife was once his "50-crore-rupee girlfriend", a day after the Congress leader made a comeback in the Union Cabinet reshuffle as Minister of State for Human Resources Development.
"Wah kya girlfriend hai. Apne kabhi dekha hai 50 crore ka girlfriend?" (What a girlfriend? Have you ever seen a 50-crore girlfriend), Modi said at an election rally, in an apparent attack on Tharoor`s wife.
"There was a Congress leader who was a minister. He was accused of amassing wealth from cricket. He had said in Parliament that he is not connected to the Rs50 crore in the lady`s name," the BJP stalwart said in an apparent reference to Tharoor in the context of the IPL cricket controversy involving Pushkar in 2010 which led to his resignation as Minister of State for External Affairs minister.
"...And then girlfriend becomes wife, we learn some time later...the issues are still not settled and he (Tharoor) is now made a minister," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!