Shashi Tharoor `horrified` at media speculations over Sunanda Pushkar`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Discomfited by intense scrutiny by media over his personal life after his wife Sunanda Pushkar`s death, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor said he was “horrified” at the rampant media speculations over the matter.
In a letter to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Tharror expressed concern at the speculations and also urged him to direct authorities for speedy investigation and conclusion of the case so that truth could come out at the earliest.
“Nothing short of truth will end the indignity to which my wife and I are being subject at a time when all I seek is to be allowed to grieve in private with her...,” he wrote.
He also promised his full cooperation in the probe which is being carried out by the Sub Divisional Magistrate.
Tharoor`s statement was recorded for one hour today by the SDM, who also asked about his relationship with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
Sunanda`s death was reported on Jan 17, when her body was found in a hotel room in Delhi`s five star Leela Palace.
She was apparently disturbed over the alleged relationship between her husband and Pakistani journalist Meht Tarar, whom she accused of hitting on Shahsi Tharoor while she was away for medical check up.
She also posted a series of tweets directed against Mehr.
However, the Tharoor couple later issued a joint statement saying they were happily married.
But after two days, on Jan 17, she was found dead.
She was cremated at Lodhi Road Crematorium.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India