Shashi Tharoor `horrified` at media speculations over Sunanda Pushkar`s death
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Discomfited by intense scrutiny by media over his personal life after his wife Sunanda Pushkar`s death, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor said he was “horrified” at the rampant media speculations over the matter.
In a letter to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Tharror expressed concern at the speculations and also urged him to direct authorities for speedy investigation and conclusion of the case so that truth could come out at the earliest.
“Nothing short of truth will end the indignity to which my wife and I are being subject at a time when all I seek is to be allowed to grieve in private with her...,” he wrote.
He also promised his full cooperation in the probe which is being carried out by the Sub Divisional Magistrate.
Tharoor`s statement was recorded for one hour today by the SDM, who also asked about his relationship with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar.
Sunanda`s death was reported on Jan 17, when her body was found in a hotel room in Delhi`s five star Leela Palace.
She was apparently disturbed over the alleged relationship between her husband and Pakistani journalist Meht Tarar, whom she accused of hitting on Shahsi Tharoor while she was away for medical check up.
She also posted a series of tweets directed against Mehr.
However, the Tharoor couple later issued a joint statement saying they were happily married.
But after two days, on Jan 17, she was found dead.
She was cremated at Lodhi Road Crematorium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Muttiah Muralitharan, three others to be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Rio Games 2016: Olympic pro at 22, Shiva Thapa banks on improved strength at mega event
- India vs West Indies: Confident visitors arrive in Kingston for 2nd Test
- Coal scam: Court awards 3 years jail term to Rathi Steel CEO
- 'India more than capable of achieving 100 Smart City goal'