Shashi Tharoor is back in government
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, former minister of state for external affairs, Sunday made a comeback to the union council of ministers after two and a half years.
The former UN under secretary general and Thiruvananthapuram MP was sworn in as minister of state in the Manmohan Singh government. His portfolio was to be announced later.
Tharoor had to resign as minister of state for external affairs in 2010 over a controversy regarding his alleged interests in the IPL Kochi cricket team that was subsequently disbanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 7th Pay Commission: How it will benefit central govt employees and pensioners!
- VIDEO: Brett Lee sledged Zaheer Khan while he was batting. What happened next will blow your mind!
- Delhi High Court notice to CBI in Chhota Rajan fake passport case
- Stunning model 'Miss BumBum' uses Instagram to persuade Lionel Messi to reconsider retirement – WATCH pics
- Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon in Brussels for EU talks