Shashi Tharoor is back in government
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, former minister of state for external affairs, Sunday made a comeback to the union council of ministers after two and a half years.
The former UN under secretary general and Thiruvananthapuram MP was sworn in as minister of state in the Manmohan Singh government. His portfolio was to be announced later.
Tharoor had to resign as minister of state for external affairs in 2010 over a controversy regarding his alleged interests in the IPL Kochi cricket team that was subsequently disbanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins