Shashi Tharoor is back in government
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, former minister of state for external affairs, Sunday made a comeback to the union council of ministers after two and a half years.
The former UN under secretary general and Thiruvananthapuram MP was sworn in as minister of state in the Manmohan Singh government. His portfolio was to be announced later.
Tharoor had to resign as minister of state for external affairs in 2010 over a controversy regarding his alleged interests in the IPL Kochi cricket team that was subsequently disbanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report