Shashi Tharoor is back in government
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, former minister of state for external affairs, Sunday made a comeback to the union council of ministers after two and a half years.
The former UN under secretary general and Thiruvananthapuram MP was sworn in as minister of state in the Manmohan Singh government. His portfolio was to be announced later.
Tharoor had to resign as minister of state for external affairs in 2010 over a controversy regarding his alleged interests in the IPL Kochi cricket team that was subsequently disbanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur