Shashi Tharoor is back in government
New Delhi: Shashi Tharoor, former minister of state for external affairs, Sunday made a comeback to the union council of ministers after two and a half years.
The former UN under secretary general and Thiruvananthapuram MP was sworn in as minister of state in the Manmohan Singh government. His portfolio was to be announced later.
Tharoor had to resign as minister of state for external affairs in 2010 over a controversy regarding his alleged interests in the IPL Kochi cricket team that was subsequently disbanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army