Shashi Tharoor thanks `new India` for support
New Delhi: After being unusually silent for long on Twitter, Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor was back on the social networking site thanking "new
India" for the support and good wishes.
Tharoor, after not tweeting for over two days, said "Sorry for long silence, been overwhelmed..... Thanks for all the support & good wishes. U (you) folks are the new India.
"We will `be the change` we wish to see in our country. But not w`out (without) pain!."
The minister has been in the thick of a controversy, facing allegations of having misused his position to get sweat equity valued at Rs 70 crore for his friend Sunanda Pushkar in
Kochi IPL franchise.
IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi had alleged that Tharoor had called him and asked not to reveal the identities of the Kochi IPL franchise members, including Sunanda.
Tharoor also pasted the link to his "personal explanation" on the controversy, saying that had the opposition in Parliament allowed him to speak on the issue, this is what he would have said.
The 54-year-old MP yesterday tried to read out a statement by way of personal explanation in Lok Sabha but had to table it after the opposition shouted him down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?