Shashi Tharoor thanks `new India` for support
New Delhi: After being unusually silent for long on Twitter, Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor was back on the social networking site thanking "new
India" for the support and good wishes.
Tharoor, after not tweeting for over two days, said "Sorry for long silence, been overwhelmed..... Thanks for all the support & good wishes. U (you) folks are the new India.
"We will `be the change` we wish to see in our country. But not w`out (without) pain!."
The minister has been in the thick of a controversy, facing allegations of having misused his position to get sweat equity valued at Rs 70 crore for his friend Sunanda Pushkar in
Kochi IPL franchise.
IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi had alleged that Tharoor had called him and asked not to reveal the identities of the Kochi IPL franchise members, including Sunanda.
Tharoor also pasted the link to his "personal explanation" on the controversy, saying that had the opposition in Parliament allowed him to speak on the issue, this is what he would have said.
The 54-year-old MP yesterday tried to read out a statement by way of personal explanation in Lok Sabha but had to table it after the opposition shouted him down.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory