Shashi Tharoor thanks `new India` for support
New Delhi: After being unusually silent for long on Twitter, Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor was back on the social networking site thanking "new
India" for the support and good wishes.
Tharoor, after not tweeting for over two days, said "Sorry for long silence, been overwhelmed..... Thanks for all the support & good wishes. U (you) folks are the new India.
"We will `be the change` we wish to see in our country. But not w`out (without) pain!."
The minister has been in the thick of a controversy, facing allegations of having misused his position to get sweat equity valued at Rs 70 crore for his friend Sunanda Pushkar in
Kochi IPL franchise.
IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi had alleged that Tharoor had called him and asked not to reveal the identities of the Kochi IPL franchise members, including Sunanda.
Tharoor also pasted the link to his "personal explanation" on the controversy, saying that had the opposition in Parliament allowed him to speak on the issue, this is what he would have said.
The 54-year-old MP yesterday tried to read out a statement by way of personal explanation in Lok Sabha but had to table it after the opposition shouted him down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!