Shashi Tharoor tweets remembering Sunanda
New Delhi: A month after Sunanda Pushkar, wife of Shashi Tharoor, was found dead in a hotel room, Tharoor the Union Minister on Monday tweeted recalling her death and thanking those who have stood by him in the hour of grief.
"A month today since Sunanda left us. Thanks to all whose condolence& prayers have supported us in our pain& given us strength 2bear our loss," Tharoor tweets.
This is the first tweet of Tharoor in the last month since 52-year-old Sunanda Puskar was found dead in a room of five-star Leela Palace Hotel here under mysterious circumstances on January 17.
Investigators are awaiting the final viscera report from Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) to establish the exact cause of the death of Sunanda Pushkar.
The south district unit of the Delhi Police, which is investigating the case, has already requested CFSL to expedite the viscera tests in the case which would establish the nature of the poison which led to her death.
According to a senior police official, the toxicology report from CFSL will shed light on what caused the death.
On January 21, a sub-divisional magistrate had directed Delhi Police to investigate the murder or suicide angle in the case after autopsy report has cited the death as "sudden and unnatural" while the cause of death was mentioned as poisoning. The nature of the poison and the quantity can only be established after viscera tests at CFSL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam