Shashi Tharoor’s wife Sunanda Pushkar slaps man at airport
New Delhi: Sunanda Pushkar, wife of newly inducted Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor, reportedly slapped a man at Thiruvananthapuram airport for misbehaving with her.
According to news reports, the couple had arrived at the airport on Monday and were welcomed by a crowd of jubilant Congress workers.
However, a Malayalam news channel showed an angry Sunanda slapping a man in the crowd who had touched her inappropriately. A visibly upset Sunanda then angrily admonished him before boarding a vehicle.
Initially, everyone thought that Sunanda had become furious on hearing to Narendra Modi’s jibe at her.
"Wah kya girlfriend hai. Apne kabhi dekha hai 50 crore ka girlfriend?" (What a girlfriend? Have you ever seen a 50-crore girlfriend?), Modi had said yesterday in an apparent attack on Tharoor`s wife Sunanda Pushkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement