Shatrughan Sinha bats for Jaswant Singh
Patna: Actor-turned-politician Shatrughan
Sinha on Sunday said the return of expelled leader Jaswant Singh
to the BJP would be in the larger interest of the party.
"Jaswant Singh has been a founding member of the BJP and
was associated with it significantly from day one of its
formation," the BJP MP from Patna Saheb said here.
He said his personal opinion is that "if Singh returns
to the BJP it will be in the larger interest of the party."
Asked if the expulsion of Jaswant Singh from the BJP
was justified, Sinha merely said "yeh bade logo ki baat hai
(this is an issue concerning bigwigs)".
"Moreover, I am not a member of the BJP Parliamentary
Board which took the decision," he added.
The `Bihari Babu`, as he is widely known, also endorsed
the views of party colleague Arun Shourie that the RSS should
take charge of the BJP which, he said, was presently facing a
Sinha termed party leaders Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shourie
and former Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri -- who all
had called for fixing responsibility for party`s poor show in
the recent Lok Sabha elections -- as "assets for the BJP".
Shotgun showers encomiums on Rahul
Rahul Gandhi today received
praise from an unexpected quarter when BJP leader Shatrughan
Singh described the young Congress General Secretary as a
dynamic and promising leader.
"He (Rahul) is hard working and his work for the common
people at the grassroot level is appreciable...he has a bright
future," the actor-turned-politician said on his arrival
in Patna from Nagpur.
Sinha, however, clarified this was his personal view and
no politics should be read into it.
Earlier at Nagpur, the BJP MP showered lavish praise on
the Congress leader describing his as a dynamic figure.
"I think the path he (Rahul) has chosen and the kind of
work he has put in will one day bear fruit," he said.
"He is a promising leader also," Sinha, popularly known
as Shotgun, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore