Shatrughan Sinha meets Nitish Kumar
Patna: A day after making pitch for BJP veteran L K Advani as prime ministerial candidate, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, who created storm within his party by his opinions on Narendra Modi and his new election team, on Wednesday met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Shatrughan Sinha ji came to meet me and to inquire about my health," Kumar told reporters.
Thanking the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb also known as "Bihari Babu" for kind words for him, Kumar returned the compliment saying "he (Sinha) is a great actor and a good human being."
Notwithstanding the split in NDA and BJP going offensive against Nitish Kumar, the actor-turned-BJP leader had a word of praise for Kumar saying he has brought development in the state and provided a new identity.
About a question on sidelining of Shivanand Tiwari, who has been removed as JD(U) spokesperson, Kumar said he has not been removed as there was no appointment of any party office bearers after re-election of Sharad Yadav in April.
He described the selection of new office bearers of JD(U) as "prerogative" of the party President Sharad Yadav, Kumar denied playing any role in it.
"He (Shivanand) is a senior and a strong leader who can remove him...He is JD(U) leader in Rajya Sabha," he added.
On a question relating to MPs writing to US President to continue with visa ban on Narendra Modi, the Bihar Chief Minister who has always been at loggerheads with him and whose elevation triggered JD(U) to severe ties with BJP, tried to duck out the question.
"We are leader of a small party in a state...We have no intent to indulge in such big issues," he said.
Asked whether visa denial to Modi was justified, he said "I do not want to don the role of an advisor."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state