Shatrughan Sinha meets Nitish Kumar
Patna: A day after making pitch for BJP veteran L K Advani as prime ministerial candidate, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha, who created storm within his party by his opinions on Narendra Modi and his new election team, on Wednesday met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
"Shatrughan Sinha ji came to meet me and to inquire about my health," Kumar told reporters.
Thanking the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb also known as "Bihari Babu" for kind words for him, Kumar returned the compliment saying "he (Sinha) is a great actor and a good human being."
Notwithstanding the split in NDA and BJP going offensive against Nitish Kumar, the actor-turned-BJP leader had a word of praise for Kumar saying he has brought development in the state and provided a new identity.
About a question on sidelining of Shivanand Tiwari, who has been removed as JD(U) spokesperson, Kumar said he has not been removed as there was no appointment of any party office bearers after re-election of Sharad Yadav in April.
He described the selection of new office bearers of JD(U) as "prerogative" of the party President Sharad Yadav, Kumar denied playing any role in it.
"He (Shivanand) is a senior and a strong leader who can remove him...He is JD(U) leader in Rajya Sabha," he added.
On a question relating to MPs writing to US President to continue with visa ban on Narendra Modi, the Bihar Chief Minister who has always been at loggerheads with him and whose elevation triggered JD(U) to severe ties with BJP, tried to duck out the question.
"We are leader of a small party in a state...We have no intent to indulge in such big issues," he said.
Asked whether visa denial to Modi was justified, he said "I do not want to don the role of an advisor."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday