Shatrughan Sinha slams Gadkari`s team
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s
newly constituted team has come in for stinging criticism by
actor-turned-MP Shatrughan Sinha who said some of the most
deserving people have been left out.
Two days after the much-awaited team of office bearers
was announced, Sinha today refuted suggestions that he was a
contender for any post, but felt party stalwart and former
union minister Yashwant Sinha should have been included.
Yashwant Sinha, a former leader of opposition in the
Bihar assembly, has held key portfolios at the centre
including those of finance and external affairs.
"Bihar assembly polls are most crucial for the party in
the near future, yet a leader of the calibre of Yashwant Sinha
has been kept out of the team. Some of the people who could
have been avoided have been taken at the cost of some of the
most deserving people," he told.
Sinha claimed that the team was constituted without
consulting "people who matter like my friend and leader of
opposition Sushma Swaraj and some other top leaders".
"Being a senior and matured leader, I do not want to
break party discipline by making any undesirable comments but
I am certainly worried and to certain extent unhappy with the
composition of the team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown