Shatrughan Sinha slams Gadkari`s team
Mumbai: BJP president Nitin Gadkari`s
newly constituted team has come in for stinging criticism by
actor-turned-MP Shatrughan Sinha who said some of the most
deserving people have been left out.
Two days after the much-awaited team of office bearers
was announced, Sinha today refuted suggestions that he was a
contender for any post, but felt party stalwart and former
union minister Yashwant Sinha should have been included.
Yashwant Sinha, a former leader of opposition in the
Bihar assembly, has held key portfolios at the centre
including those of finance and external affairs.
"Bihar assembly polls are most crucial for the party in
the near future, yet a leader of the calibre of Yashwant Sinha
has been kept out of the team. Some of the people who could
have been avoided have been taken at the cost of some of the
most deserving people," he told.
Sinha claimed that the team was constituted without
consulting "people who matter like my friend and leader of
opposition Sushma Swaraj and some other top leaders".
"Being a senior and matured leader, I do not want to
break party discipline by making any undesirable comments but
I am certainly worried and to certain extent unhappy with the
composition of the team," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: As it happened...