Shatrughan Sinha too guns for Gadkari`s resignation
Patna: BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Saturday said he was `ideologically` with Ram Jethmalani and Yashwant Sinha who have sought the resignation of party president Nitin Gadkari over allegation of corruption.
"The issue raised by them (Jethmalani and Yashwant Sinha) should be looked at seriously," Sinha, BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Sahib, told reporters here.
Jethmalani, while demanding Gadkari`s resignation, had claimed some other BJP leaders were with him on the demand for Gadkari`s exit as party chief.
On Gadkari, the actor-turned-BJP leader said "he is a friend but a person occupying a responsible post should not only be honest but should also be seen as honest."
The campaign for the resignation of beleaguered Gadkari had recently got fresh ammunition with Yashwant Sinha demanding that he step down immediately.
Earlier, Jethmalani and his son Mahesh had made the demand in the wake of reports of alleged dubious financing of Purti Sugar and Power Group, which was promoted by Gadkari.
Praising Yashwant Sinha and Ram Jethmalani, Shatrughan Sinha said they are capable persons and have all the qualification to become Prime Minister of the country. "But among the present leaders in BJP, L K Advani is the best candidate for the PM`s post."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!