Shatrughan Sinha too guns for Gadkari`s resignation
Patna: BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Saturday said he was `ideologically` with Ram Jethmalani and Yashwant Sinha who have sought the resignation of party president Nitin Gadkari over allegation of corruption.
"The issue raised by them (Jethmalani and Yashwant Sinha) should be looked at seriously," Sinha, BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Sahib, told reporters here.
Jethmalani, while demanding Gadkari`s resignation, had claimed some other BJP leaders were with him on the demand for Gadkari`s exit as party chief.
On Gadkari, the actor-turned-BJP leader said "he is a friend but a person occupying a responsible post should not only be honest but should also be seen as honest."
The campaign for the resignation of beleaguered Gadkari had recently got fresh ammunition with Yashwant Sinha demanding that he step down immediately.
Earlier, Jethmalani and his son Mahesh had made the demand in the wake of reports of alleged dubious financing of Purti Sugar and Power Group, which was promoted by Gadkari.
Praising Yashwant Sinha and Ram Jethmalani, Shatrughan Sinha said they are capable persons and have all the qualification to become Prime Minister of the country. "But among the present leaders in BJP, L K Advani is the best candidate for the PM`s post."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’