Shatrughan vents ire at not being included in Gadkari`s team
New Delhi: BJP`s actor-politician Shatrughan
Sinha today expressed his unhappiness over not being included
in party chief Nitin Gadkari`s team of office-bearers and said
he and other "deserving" leaders failed to find a place in it.
Sinha, who had dubbed the Gadkari`s team as "new wine in
old bottle", said many deserving leaders like Yashwant Sinha,
B C Kanduri,C P Thakur or others like Uday Singh and himself,
who won LS poll with a record margin, did not find a place.
He said his comments should not be construed as the
"voice of a rebel" but were aimed for the good of the party.
This is the first time Sinha went public about his being
ignored for the new team party office-bearers.
Sinha complained of repeately being ignored by the
party`s Bihar unit and said the goings-on in the party`s Bihar
unit did not augur well for BJP and NDA ahead of coming
assembly polls in the state.
"I was invited for BJP karyakarta (workers) meeting at
Patna yesterday at the eleventh hour. So, I did not attend
it," Sinha, the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb who had
flayed the new team of office bearers picked by party chief
Nitin Gadkari, told PTI.
"I was in Patna on March 14-15 but nobody had the
courtsey to tell me about the March 18 meeting which was
planned much in advance. I got invitation for the meeting only
at the eleventh hour on March 17 evening when I was in
Mumbai," he said explaining his absence.
"I cannot compromise with my dignity," the BJP leader
said and said some "bossy and vested interests" in NDA for
this sorry state of affairs.
"And this is not an one-off case. I was not invited in
important functions like Nalanda and Rajgir festivals, womens
day function at Gandhi maidan or silver jubilee celebration of
Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) despite being MP
from Patna", a peeved Sinha said.
"I have been told by many that all this is being done
deliberately on instructions of some top NDA leaders of Bihar
who feel insecure by my popularity and acceptability among
masses," the BJP leader said without naming anybody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day