Shatrughna Singh appointed Additional Secretary in PMO
New Delhi: Shatrughna Singh, a joint secretary in the PMO, is among a batch of officials who have been promoted as Additional Secretaries in the government.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh cleared the promotions recently.
Singh, a 1983 batch IAS officer of Uttarakhand cadre, appointed "on in-situ basis, by temporarily upgrading the post held by the officer", according to an official press release issued today.
He was in the news recently as one of the two officers who attended a meeting convened by the then Law Minister Ashwani Kumar to discuss a CBI probe report on Coalgate to be submitted in the Supreme Court.
The ACC has also approved appointment if Anjali Prasad as Additional Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion under Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Prasad, who is a 1983 batch IAS officer of Uttarakhand cadre, is presently Joint Secretary in the same department.
Preeti Sudan, a 1983 batch IAS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre, has been appointed as Additional Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development. Sudan is presently Joint Secretary in Ministry of Defence.
Thomas Mathew, IAS (1983 batch Kerala cadre), has been appointed as Additional Secretary in the President`s Secretariat on "in-situ basis, by temporarily upgrading the post held by the officer". Mathew is presently Joint Secretary in the President`s Secretariat.
The ACC has also approved appointment of Asha Ram Sihag, IAS (1983 batch, Himachal Pradesh cadre) as Additional Secretary and Financial Adviser in Ministry of External Affairs, on or after August 4, 2013 in the vacancy of Bimal Julka.
Julka, a 1979 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, has joined as Secretary in Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?