Shattered family waits for co-pilot`s body
Jaipur: The distraught father of Mahendra Singh Rathore, co-pilot of a plane which crashed in Nigeria, today asked the Union government to step up diplomatic efforts in bringing his son`s body to India at the earliest.
Hailing from Bikaner city, 34-year-old Mahendra was the co-pilot of the passenger plane, belonging to Dana Air, which slammed into a residential area in Lagos killing him and over 150 people on board and 40 on the ground on June three.
"We are informed that the body will be handed over to us after identification through DNA test and it may take another four-five days," I S Rathore, father of Mahendra, told PTI.
"The government should ask the authorities in Lagos to complete all formalities as early as possible," he said.
"It is a difficult time for us and we are unable to console ourself," a devastated Rathore said.
Mahendra is survived by his wife and a seven-year-old son.
The entire family is settled in Kolkata but after the horrific air tragedy they are in Bikaner now waiting for the body.
The funeral will take place in Bikaner.
My son had promised that he will celebrate his 35th birthday in Bikaner in July but now all is over," said Rathore, General Manager of a company in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan