Shehla murder: CBI conducts polygraph test on BJP
New Delhi/Indore: The probe in the Shehla
Masood murder case intensified on Wednesday with Dhruv Narayan Singh,
a BJP MLA from Madhya Pradesh, being subjected to a lie-
detection test after which he refuted allegations of his
involvement in the killing.
Singh, MLA from Bhopal, arrived at the Central Forensic
Science Laboratory in Delhi with the CBI for his polygraph
test at around 11 AM and remained there for nearly three
Emerging out of the laboratory, Singh told reporters that
allegations levelled against him by architect Zahida Parvez,
an accused in the case, were baseless and that he was
In Indore, Parvez, who is accused of plotting the murder
of the 32-year-old RTI activist, recorded her statement in a
closed-door hearing before the Special CBI court of Judicial
Magistrate Dr Subhra Singh.
Parvez allegedly conspired the killing of Masood who, she
suspected, was getting close to Singh. Parvez is said to have
very close relations with the BJP legislator to the extent of
being obsessesed with him, CBI sources quoting from a diary
seized from her.
Zahida`s assistant Saba Farooqui, who is also an
accused in the case, however, refused to record her statement.
"Yesterday, Saba had agreed to make a statement under
section 164 of CrPC but today she refused recording it. It is
up to her whether to make the statement during the proceedings
now or later on," senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla told
The sources said the BJP MLA was asked several questions
related to his purported relationship with Masood and Parvez,
besides whether he knew about the murder plan allegedly
hatched by the architect.
They said a detailed questionnaire covering these broad
topics was prepared by the experts which was put before him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more