Shehla murder: CBI conducts polygraph test on BJP
New Delhi/Indore: The probe in the Shehla
Masood murder case intensified on Wednesday with Dhruv Narayan Singh,
a BJP MLA from Madhya Pradesh, being subjected to a lie-
detection test after which he refuted allegations of his
involvement in the killing.
Singh, MLA from Bhopal, arrived at the Central Forensic
Science Laboratory in Delhi with the CBI for his polygraph
test at around 11 AM and remained there for nearly three
Emerging out of the laboratory, Singh told reporters that
allegations levelled against him by architect Zahida Parvez,
an accused in the case, were baseless and that he was
In Indore, Parvez, who is accused of plotting the murder
of the 32-year-old RTI activist, recorded her statement in a
closed-door hearing before the Special CBI court of Judicial
Magistrate Dr Subhra Singh.
Parvez allegedly conspired the killing of Masood who, she
suspected, was getting close to Singh. Parvez is said to have
very close relations with the BJP legislator to the extent of
being obsessesed with him, CBI sources quoting from a diary
seized from her.
Zahida`s assistant Saba Farooqui, who is also an
accused in the case, however, refused to record her statement.
"Yesterday, Saba had agreed to make a statement under
section 164 of CrPC but today she refused recording it. It is
up to her whether to make the statement during the proceedings
now or later on," senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla told
The sources said the BJP MLA was asked several questions
related to his purported relationship with Masood and Parvez,
besides whether he knew about the murder plan allegedly
hatched by the architect.
They said a detailed questionnaire covering these broad
topics was prepared by the experts which was put before him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends