Shehla murder: MP govt plea to centre for CBI probe
New Delhi: The Centre has received a letter
from Madhya Pradesh government requesting for a CBI probe into
the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood in Bhopal.
Official sources said the letter was received last week
by the Department of Personnel from the state government but
the same was yet to be sent to CBI for its opinion.
The DoPT was expected to send the letter soon to CBI
for its opinion on whether the agency wanted to take up the
investigations into the case.
Masood was shot dead when she was going towards her car
outside residence in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on
Madhya Pradesh Police, probing the case, is likely to
question BJP leader Tarun Vijay.
A question about Masood was also asked to Home Minister P
Chidambaram, who said "if they consult the MHA, we will give
our views. It is a serious matter.
"It can`t be taken lightly. If there is a letter, we will
certainly address it with the urgency it requires....we will
take an appropriate decision. But first there must be a
reference to the government," he said at a press conference
Asked whether Masood had written any letter to the Home
Ministry seeking security before her murder, the Home Minister
said "I can`t recall having received any letter".
Union Home Secretary R K Singh, who was also present in
the press conference, too pleaded ignorance about receiving
any such letter from the murdered RTI activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says