Shehla murder: MP govt plea to centre for CBI probe
New Delhi: The Centre has received a letter
from Madhya Pradesh government requesting for a CBI probe into
the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood in Bhopal.
Official sources said the letter was received last week
by the Department of Personnel from the state government but
the same was yet to be sent to CBI for its opinion.
The DoPT was expected to send the letter soon to CBI
for its opinion on whether the agency wanted to take up the
investigations into the case.
Masood was shot dead when she was going towards her car
outside residence in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on
Madhya Pradesh Police, probing the case, is likely to
question BJP leader Tarun Vijay.
A question about Masood was also asked to Home Minister P
Chidambaram, who said "if they consult the MHA, we will give
our views. It is a serious matter.
"It can`t be taken lightly. If there is a letter, we will
certainly address it with the urgency it requires....we will
take an appropriate decision. But first there must be a
reference to the government," he said at a press conference
Asked whether Masood had written any letter to the Home
Ministry seeking security before her murder, the Home Minister
said "I can`t recall having received any letter".
Union Home Secretary R K Singh, who was also present in
the press conference, too pleaded ignorance about receiving
any such letter from the murdered RTI activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception