Shehla murder: MP govt plea to centre for CBI probe
New Delhi: The Centre has received a letter
from Madhya Pradesh government requesting for a CBI probe into
the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood in Bhopal.
Official sources said the letter was received last week
by the Department of Personnel from the state government but
the same was yet to be sent to CBI for its opinion.
The DoPT was expected to send the letter soon to CBI
for its opinion on whether the agency wanted to take up the
investigations into the case.
Masood was shot dead when she was going towards her car
outside residence in posh Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on
Madhya Pradesh Police, probing the case, is likely to
question BJP leader Tarun Vijay.
A question about Masood was also asked to Home Minister P
Chidambaram, who said "if they consult the MHA, we will give
our views. It is a serious matter.
"It can`t be taken lightly. If there is a letter, we will
certainly address it with the urgency it requires....we will
take an appropriate decision. But first there must be a
reference to the government," he said at a press conference
Asked whether Masood had written any letter to the Home
Ministry seeking security before her murder, the Home Minister
said "I can`t recall having received any letter".
Union Home Secretary R K Singh, who was also present in
the press conference, too pleaded ignorance about receiving
any such letter from the murdered RTI activist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM