Sheila meets Sonia, tightlipped on possible Union Cabinet berth
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today met Congress President Sonia Gandhi amid speculation that she may be moved to Union Cabinet when a reshuffle-cum-expansion of Council of Ministers takes place.
The Chief Minister refused to divulge details of the meeting, which lasted for around half-an-hour, saying it was "routine".
"I keep meeting her," the three-time chief minister said.
When asked about speculation that she may find a place in the Union Cabinet, the Chief Minister said she has not been informed about any such development.
"I have not been informed about it. I have a job in hand as Chief Minister of Delhi and I am doing it. I will do what my party wants me to do," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said as of now her focus is on ensuring effective implementation of various social welfare schemes and launching a slew of other projects.
Assembly election in Delhi is scheduled to take place in December 2013 and Dikshit has already directed various agencies and departments to improve their functioning.
As there has been talk of a cabinet reshuffle in Delhi Government, Dikshit is believed to have discussed the issue with Gandhi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31