Sheila meets Sonia, tightlipped on possible Union Cabinet berth
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit today met Congress President Sonia Gandhi amid speculation that she may be moved to Union Cabinet when a reshuffle-cum-expansion of Council of Ministers takes place.
The Chief Minister refused to divulge details of the meeting, which lasted for around half-an-hour, saying it was "routine".
"I keep meeting her," the three-time chief minister said.
When asked about speculation that she may find a place in the Union Cabinet, the Chief Minister said she has not been informed about any such development.
"I have not been informed about it. I have a job in hand as Chief Minister of Delhi and I am doing it. I will do what my party wants me to do," Dikshit said.
The Chief Minister said as of now her focus is on ensuring effective implementation of various social welfare schemes and launching a slew of other projects.
Assembly election in Delhi is scheduled to take place in December 2013 and Dikshit has already directed various agencies and departments to improve their functioning.
As there has been talk of a cabinet reshuffle in Delhi Government, Dikshit is believed to have discussed the issue with Gandhi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal