Sheila seeks Kamal Nath`s intervention for regularization of Delhi colonies
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday sought Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath`s intervention in ensuring early regularisation of around 200 unauthorised colonies.
The Delhi cabinet had in January given in-principle approval for regularisation of the colonies to pave the way for their development on par with other areas in the city.
Out of the 205 colonies, officials said 157 colonies came up partly on forest land while 48 settlements have encroached the land belonging to Archaeological Survey of India.
The government decided to regularise the colonies after getting clearance from the Forest department and ASI.
The government had in September regularised 895 unauthorised colonies which are home to around 35 lakh people.
Sources said Dikshit has also requested Nath to remove the hurdles in the way of allowing sale and purchase of properties in 895 unauthorised colonies which were regularised in September last year.
They said Dikshit and Nath also deliberated on "political issues" including assembly polls scheduled for November this year.
Delhi government had issued provisional regularisation certificates to over 1,639 unauthorised colonies ahead of assembly polls in 2008. The then Dikshit government, while distributing the certificates, had promised to regularise the colonies if Congress came to power for a third term.
After Congress` defeat in municipal polls in April, Dikshit had asked all concerned departments to expedite the regularisation process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand