Shinde congratulates Delhi Police for IPL probe
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday congratulated Delhi Police for the Indian Premier League spot-fixing investigation following which three cricketers and 11 bookies have been arrested.
"I congratulate the Delhi Police. Whenever they do good work, I appreciate them," he said on the sidelines of a function here.
Asked about the underworld link in the betting racket, he said: "Police is investigating, it is a preliminary comment."
Fast bowler S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila, were arrested with 11 bookies Thursday for their involvement in the spot-fixing.
Police said Pakistani links and the involvement of the Mumbai underworld have surfaced in the investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine