Shinde congratulates Delhi Police for IPL probe
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday congratulated Delhi Police for the Indian Premier League spot-fixing investigation following which three cricketers and 11 bookies have been arrested.
"I congratulate the Delhi Police. Whenever they do good work, I appreciate them," he said on the sidelines of a function here.
Asked about the underworld link in the betting racket, he said: "Police is investigating, it is a preliminary comment."
Fast bowler S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila, were arrested with 11 bookies Thursday for their involvement in the spot-fixing.
Police said Pakistani links and the involvement of the Mumbai underworld have surfaced in the investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000