Shinde congratulates Delhi Police for IPL probe
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday congratulated Delhi Police for the Indian Premier League spot-fixing investigation following which three cricketers and 11 bookies have been arrested.
"I congratulate the Delhi Police. Whenever they do good work, I appreciate them," he said on the sidelines of a function here.
Asked about the underworld link in the betting racket, he said: "Police is investigating, it is a preliminary comment."
Fast bowler S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila, were arrested with 11 bookies Thursday for their involvement in the spot-fixing.
Police said Pakistani links and the involvement of the Mumbai underworld have surfaced in the investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?