Shinde congratulates Delhi Police for IPL probe
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday congratulated Delhi Police for the Indian Premier League spot-fixing investigation following which three cricketers and 11 bookies have been arrested.
"I congratulate the Delhi Police. Whenever they do good work, I appreciate them," he said on the sidelines of a function here.
Asked about the underworld link in the betting racket, he said: "Police is investigating, it is a preliminary comment."
Fast bowler S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila, were arrested with 11 bookies Thursday for their involvement in the spot-fixing.
Police said Pakistani links and the involvement of the Mumbai underworld have surfaced in the investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!