Shinde debuts as leader of Lok Sabha
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Wednesday debuted as the new leader of the Lok Sabha and was introduced to the house by Speaker Meira Kumar.
Shinde, dressed in his usual grey safari suit, was seated between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and United Progressive Alliance chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the first row of the treasury benches.
The seat was earlier occupied by Pranab Mukherjee, as the then leader of the house, before he got elected as president.
Shinde got up from his seat on being introduced and greeted the house with folded hand. He was welcomed by the members with thumping of their desks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?