Shinde debuts as leader of Lok Sabha
New Delhi: Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde Wednesday debuted as the new leader of the Lok Sabha and was introduced to the house by Speaker Meira Kumar.
Shinde, dressed in his usual grey safari suit, was seated between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and United Progressive Alliance chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the first row of the treasury benches.
The seat was earlier occupied by Pranab Mukherjee, as the then leader of the house, before he got elected as president.
Shinde got up from his seat on being introduced and greeted the house with folded hand. He was welcomed by the members with thumping of their desks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'