Shinde given Z-Plus security, bullet-proof car
New Delhi: With the change of guard in Home Ministry, the security of Union Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has been completely revamped with inclusion of escort, pilot and bullet-proof cars and an enhanced posse of security personnel.
As compared to his predecessor P Chidambaram, who only had a personal security officer, Shinde is being guarded by a posse of armed personnel and travels in a bullet-proof Ambassador car.
Shinde is also accompanied by safari suit clad Delhi Police personnel, two additional Ambassador cars and pilot and escort cars.
Considering high threat perception, Home Minister is always given Z-Plus security. However, Chidambaram never took the security ring, nor travelled in bullet-proof car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown