Shinde inspects Indo-Bangla border in Assam
Dhubri: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Saturday inspected Indo-Bangladesh border at Shishumara and Mohamayachar in Assam`s Dhubri district following allegations of unabated illegal influx.
Shinde went by a special BSF boat to the two places to take stock of the situation but did not interact with the waiting journalists as he inspected the eastern flanks accompanied by senior officials of the Home Ministry and Border Security Force.
He landed in Guwahati in the morning from Delhi on a day-long visit and took off in a helicopter to the BSF border camp in Panbari near here, official sources said.
He boarded a special boat from BSF Bay in Dhubri town to visit the Indo-Bangladesh border, the sources said.
Shinde is also scheduled to visit border areas of Mancachar, some border out posts along the international boundary and interact with officials and jawans there, they said.
Shinde will also review the internal security situation with Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and senior Assam government officials, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket