Shinde meets Swaraj after regretting `Hindu terror` remark
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday met Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj in the Central Hall of Parliament minutes ahead of the commencement of the Budget Session.
According to reports, the two leaders met a day after the Home Minister conceded to the Opposition’s demand and regretted making the controversial ‘Hindu terror’ remarks last month in Jaipur.
The meeting between the two senior leaders was important to ensure the smooth functioning of Parliament’s Budget Session, during which several important legislations along with the Union Budget and the Rail Budget are to be introduced.
UPA chairperson and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi was also present during the meeting.
The Shinde-Swaraj meet was also important since the BJP had earlier threatened to stall the proceedings in Parliament if the Union Minister failed to withdraw his controversial remarks.
However, after Shinde’s official clarification that was issued yesterday, the main opposition party welcomed the move but maintained that had he done so earlier it would not have "gladdened the hearts" of terrorists based in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail