Shinde meets Swaraj after regretting `Hindu terror` remark
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday met Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj in the Central Hall of Parliament minutes ahead of the commencement of the Budget Session.
According to reports, the two leaders met a day after the Home Minister conceded to the Opposition’s demand and regretted making the controversial ‘Hindu terror’ remarks last month in Jaipur.
The meeting between the two senior leaders was important to ensure the smooth functioning of Parliament’s Budget Session, during which several important legislations along with the Union Budget and the Rail Budget are to be introduced.
UPA chairperson and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi was also present during the meeting.
The Shinde-Swaraj meet was also important since the BJP had earlier threatened to stall the proceedings in Parliament if the Union Minister failed to withdraw his controversial remarks.
However, after Shinde’s official clarification that was issued yesterday, the main opposition party welcomed the move but maintained that had he done so earlier it would not have "gladdened the hearts" of terrorists based in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2: As it happened...
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch