Shinde meets Swaraj after regretting `Hindu terror` remark
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday met Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj in the Central Hall of Parliament minutes ahead of the commencement of the Budget Session.
According to reports, the two leaders met a day after the Home Minister conceded to the Opposition’s demand and regretted making the controversial ‘Hindu terror’ remarks last month in Jaipur.
The meeting between the two senior leaders was important to ensure the smooth functioning of Parliament’s Budget Session, during which several important legislations along with the Union Budget and the Rail Budget are to be introduced.
UPA chairperson and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi was also present during the meeting.
The Shinde-Swaraj meet was also important since the BJP had earlier threatened to stall the proceedings in Parliament if the Union Minister failed to withdraw his controversial remarks.
However, after Shinde’s official clarification that was issued yesterday, the main opposition party welcomed the move but maintained that had he done so earlier it would not have "gladdened the hearts" of terrorists based in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations