Shinde reveals identities of Bhandara rape victims
New Delhi: While making a statement in Parliament on the Bhandara rape case, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday revealed the identities of the three victims.
Shinde named the three minor sisters and revealed their respective age while making the statement in the Rajya Sabha.
When the same was pointed out by Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley, Shinde regretted the error.
He later withdrew part of the statement wherein he had mentioned the names.
The Chair also issued instructions to expunge the names from the records and also issued a directive to the media not to publish the names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note