Shinde reveals identities of Bhandara rape victims
New Delhi: While making a statement in Parliament on the Bhandara rape case, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday revealed the identities of the three victims.
Shinde named the three minor sisters and revealed their respective age while making the statement in the Rajya Sabha.
When the same was pointed out by Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitley, Shinde regretted the error.
He later withdrew part of the statement wherein he had mentioned the names.
The Chair also issued instructions to expunge the names from the records and also issued a directive to the media not to publish the names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra