Shinde should prove his remarks or apologise: Jaitley
Siliguri (WB): BJP on Sunday slammed Union Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde for accusing it and RSS of running terror training camps and said he should either prove it or apologise.
"Shinde has to prove what he has said otherwise he has to withdraw the remark or apologise," Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley told reporters here.
"Congress which withdrew POTA has always been soft towards terrorists and terrorism instead of taking a hard stand," Jaitley said.
"That was why Shinde`s hand was trembling to sign (the order) on the person who launched the attack on Parliament and whose death sentence was upheld by Supreme court," Jaitley said.
He said that the entire country knew that BJP and RSS were symbols of nationalism. "BJP is a party which always stood against terrorism," he said.
Earlier, addressing a public meeting, Jaitley alleged that the UPA government was not interested in curbing terror and had no courage to respond strongly to Pakistan on the beheading of two Indian soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda