Shinde to bear consequences of Hindu terror remarks: BJP
New Delhi: Alleging that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s Hindu terror remarks were a ploy to deflect attention from the failures of the government, BJP today said Congress will have to "bear the consequences" of this "insult" inside and outside Parliament.
The party said it will bring up this issue in Parliament in the forthcoming Budget Session and boycott of Shinde is one of the proposals it is "seriously thinking about".
BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi told reporters here that Shinde had insulted "the nation, its tradition and its culture" by alleging that RSS and BJP were involved in training terrorists. He maintained that his remarks had benefited Pakistan-based terror groups like JuD and LeT.
"What was the need for Shinde to make these remarks at the Congress Chintan Shivir (in Jaipur)?...This only means that it was a well-thought out strategy of Congress... This is a ploy to deflect attention from his failure to improve internal security, ensure peace and secure the borders," Joshi said.
The BJP leader cited the resolution of the Committee on Sanctions of the UN Security Council passed in June 2009 that Arif Qasmani, chief coordinator of LeT, had funded the Samjhauta blast and Al Qaeda had provided the manpower.
Joshi said that Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik had stated in January 2010 that Pakistani terrorists were hired for the blast.
"You (Shinde) have insulted the entire nation and culture and tradition of this nation...Congress will have to answer (these questions) and will have to face the consequences," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!