Shinde to bear consequences of Hindu terror remarks: BJP
New Delhi: Alleging that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s Hindu terror remarks were a ploy to deflect attention from the failures of the government, BJP today said Congress will have to "bear the consequences" of this "insult" inside and outside Parliament.
The party said it will bring up this issue in Parliament in the forthcoming Budget Session and boycott of Shinde is one of the proposals it is "seriously thinking about".
BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi told reporters here that Shinde had insulted "the nation, its tradition and its culture" by alleging that RSS and BJP were involved in training terrorists. He maintained that his remarks had benefited Pakistan-based terror groups like JuD and LeT.
"What was the need for Shinde to make these remarks at the Congress Chintan Shivir (in Jaipur)?...This only means that it was a well-thought out strategy of Congress... This is a ploy to deflect attention from his failure to improve internal security, ensure peace and secure the borders," Joshi said.
The BJP leader cited the resolution of the Committee on Sanctions of the UN Security Council passed in June 2009 that Arif Qasmani, chief coordinator of LeT, had funded the Samjhauta blast and Al Qaeda had provided the manpower.
Joshi said that Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik had stated in January 2010 that Pakistani terrorists were hired for the blast.
"You (Shinde) have insulted the entire nation and culture and tradition of this nation...Congress will have to answer (these questions) and will have to face the consequences," Joshi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees