Shinde unable to attend Thackeray`s funeral
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will be unable to attend Bal Thackeray`s funeral here tomorrow as he would have to stay in Delhi due to work exigency.
An order was issued recently that in absence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from Delhi due to his foreign visit from tomorrow, either Defence Minister, Finance Minister or Home Minister will stay in Delhi, official sources said.
As the other two will not be in Delhi tomorrow, Shinde will have to stay in Delhi and will not be able to attend Thackeray`s funeral, they said.
Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, a former Shiv Sainik, also wont be able to attend as he is abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kumar Sangakkara backs Muttiah Muralitharan, slams Sri Lanka Cricket for lashing out at off-spinner
- Michelle brings Democrats to tears in moving convention speech
- Cadaver donation takes place for third day in a row in Mumbai
- China says Oli's fall will not change ties with Nepal
- This embryonic gene may help fight ageing