Shinde unable to attend Thackeray`s funeral
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will be unable to attend Bal Thackeray`s funeral here tomorrow as he would have to stay in Delhi due to work exigency.
An order was issued recently that in absence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from Delhi due to his foreign visit from tomorrow, either Defence Minister, Finance Minister or Home Minister will stay in Delhi, official sources said.
As the other two will not be in Delhi tomorrow, Shinde will have to stay in Delhi and will not be able to attend Thackeray`s funeral, they said.
Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, a former Shiv Sainik, also wont be able to attend as he is abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police