Shinde unable to attend Thackeray`s funeral
Mumbai: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will be unable to attend Bal Thackeray`s funeral here tomorrow as he would have to stay in Delhi due to work exigency.
An order was issued recently that in absence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh from Delhi due to his foreign visit from tomorrow, either Defence Minister, Finance Minister or Home Minister will stay in Delhi, official sources said.
As the other two will not be in Delhi tomorrow, Shinde will have to stay in Delhi and will not be able to attend Thackeray`s funeral, they said.
Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, a former Shiv Sainik, also wont be able to attend as he is abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr