Shinde visits US national counter-terrorism center
Washington: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Monday visited America`s top counter-terrorism center, to have the first-hand experience of its functioning.
Shinde, who arrived here on Sunday.
He is leading a high-powered India delegation for the second India-US Homeland Security Dialogue with Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano.
He also visited the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where he was given a tour and presentation on the functioning and management of the correctional facility in the US.
At his visit to the National Counter-terrorism Center (NCTC), its Director Mathew G Olsen gave him a presentation on its role and functioning.
During his stay in Washington, Shinde will meet FBI Director Robert Muller and Attorney General of the US Eric Holder before leaving for Boston today evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer