Shiney seeks relaxation of conditions imposed on him
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja,
accused of raping his maid, has moved an application before
the Bombay High Court seeking relaxation of certain conditions
imposed on him while securing bail from the Court last year.
"He is also seeking some papers which are a part of
supplementary charge sheet," said additional public prosecutor
The 36-year-old actor was granted bail after spending
around four months in jail.
Shiney was arrested on June 14 for allegedly raping
his 20-year-old domestic maid at his Andheri (West) home. More
than three months later, he was released on bail by the Bombay
High Court which imposed strict conditions directing him to
leave Mumbai and also surrender his passport.
If the charges against him are proved in court, Shiney
faces a seven-year jail sentence. His wife Anupam and his
lawyer have maintained that he is innocent and is being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'