Shiney seeks relaxation of conditions imposed on him
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja,
accused of raping his maid, has moved an application before
the Bombay High Court seeking relaxation of certain conditions
imposed on him while securing bail from the Court last year.
"He is also seeking some papers which are a part of
supplementary charge sheet," said additional public prosecutor
The 36-year-old actor was granted bail after spending
around four months in jail.
Shiney was arrested on June 14 for allegedly raping
his 20-year-old domestic maid at his Andheri (West) home. More
than three months later, he was released on bail by the Bombay
High Court which imposed strict conditions directing him to
leave Mumbai and also surrender his passport.
If the charges against him are proved in court, Shiney
faces a seven-year jail sentence. His wife Anupam and his
lawyer have maintained that he is innocent and is being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray