Shiney seeks relaxation of conditions imposed on him
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja,
accused of raping his maid, has moved an application before
the Bombay High Court seeking relaxation of certain conditions
imposed on him while securing bail from the Court last year.
"He is also seeking some papers which are a part of
supplementary charge sheet," said additional public prosecutor
The 36-year-old actor was granted bail after spending
around four months in jail.
Shiney was arrested on June 14 for allegedly raping
his 20-year-old domestic maid at his Andheri (West) home. More
than three months later, he was released on bail by the Bombay
High Court which imposed strict conditions directing him to
leave Mumbai and also surrender his passport.
If the charges against him are proved in court, Shiney
faces a seven-year jail sentence. His wife Anupam and his
lawyer have maintained that he is innocent and is being
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!