Ship runs aground off Yemen with 12 Indians aboard
Aden: A small cargo ship transporting tyres has run aground off the southeastern coast of Yemen with 12 Indian sailors aboard, a local official said on Sunday.
The Indian-made dhow has been stuck off the shores of Shihr, in Hadramawt, since Thursday night, the official said, adding that the crew was still on the ship.
The sailors have insisted on not abandoning the vessel in hope of dislodging it when assistance arrives, the official said.
The vessel was carrying goods from the United Arab Emirates to nearby Mukalla. It is owned by a merchant from Hadramawt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what