Ship runs aground off Yemen with 12 Indians aboard
Aden: A small cargo ship transporting tyres has run aground off the southeastern coast of Yemen with 12 Indian sailors aboard, a local official said on Sunday.
The Indian-made dhow has been stuck off the shores of Shihr, in Hadramawt, since Thursday night, the official said, adding that the crew was still on the ship.
The sailors have insisted on not abandoning the vessel in hope of dislodging it when assistance arrives, the official said.
The vessel was carrying goods from the United Arab Emirates to nearby Mukalla. It is owned by a merchant from Hadramawt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM