Shiv Sena accuses Cong of `ignoring` martyr Hemraj
Mumbai: Amid outrage over the beheading of a soldier at LoC, Shiv Sena on Monday stepped up the attack on the UPA government, saying "patriots have no value" under Congress rule and demanded snapping of sporting ties with Pakistan.
"Sonia Gandhi has time to go to Assam and wipe tears of Bangladeshi infiltrators, but she does not have time to meet mother and wife of martyr Hemraj," Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray said.
"Under the Congress rule, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis have an upper hand, while patriots don`t have even an iota of importance," the Sena leader said in a statement issued here this evening.
There is no expectation of any action from the government, Uddhav said.
"Even Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will say, `the government has laid the carpet to welcome Pakistani cricket and hockey players to forget the pain (of Hemraj`s beheading)," he mocked.
"You should decide whether Pakistan cricket and hockey players should be allowed to play here when jawans are being killed by Pakistan on the border," Uddhav said.
Uddhav`s remarks came after the IPL-style Hockey India League yesterday hit a road block with Shiv Sena supporters protesting against the participation of four Pakistani players in a scheduled practice session of `Mumbai Magicians` team here.
On January 8, Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed and mutilated the bodies of Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj Singh. The latter`s family is demanding that his severed head be brought back from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen