Shiv Sena activists protest over Sarabjit’s death
Phagwara: A series of protest demonstrations were held in Phagwara over the death of Sarabjit Singh in a Pakistani hospital, leading to diversion of international buses running between Delhi and Lahore in the neighbouring country.
Activists of Shiv Sena, led by its state unit vice-president Inderjit Karwal, took out a protest march from Hanumangarhi temple and converged on National Highway 1 at Sugar Mill crossing.
They blocked the traffic briefly in protest against the failure of Indian government to save Sarabjit.
The protesters demanded cancellation of bus and train services to Pakistan, who they said must be dealt with sternly.
Meanwhile, another group of activists belonging to the outfit also staged a demonstration against Pakistan government on the national highway near local bus stand.
Due to these protests, Sada-e-Sarhad Lahore-Delhi international bus was diverted from village Mehtan to Phagwara bypass to national highway via Hargobind Nagar.
The Delhi-Lahore bus was also diverted from Hargobind Nagar to Phagwara bypass to the national highway via Mehtan, official sources said.
Sarabjit died of cardiac arrest in a Pakistani hospital in the wee hours today after being comatose for nearly a week following a brutal assault by fellow inmates in a high-security jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo